YOUR SAFETY IS OUR NO.1 CONCERN
A message from the Senior Management of GFI Motor Corporation T/A
Raceview Motors & affiliated brands: Haval Alberton / GWM Alberton /
Mahindra Alberton / Buymycars.co.za:
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic, and the announcement of the lockdown announced by
President Ramaphosa from midnight on Thursday, March 26, 2020, we would like to assure Raceview Motors /
Haval Alberton / GWM Alberton / Mahindra Alberton & BUYMYCARS.co.za customers that during the lock
down we’re just a phone call away!
We are now on Level 4 and operate with a skeleton staff compliment to ensure your safety, but we
remain digitally open to serve and assist you. We offer emergency & essential services at our service
centers – just pick up the phone and we will assist immediately with any emergency.
With stringent preventative procedures in place at our showrooms & service centers – to protect you
and our employees – we are focused on providing a safe experience for all concerned.
If you have any concerns or questions, then please do contact us.
We hope that you and your loved ones keep safe and healthy and continue to take care during this pandemic.
2. COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS AT OUR DEALERSHIP & SERVICE CENTERS
In these unprecedented times, it is our priority to ensure that every Customer and Employee’s
health and safety come first.
Part of our commitment to this is to ensure that every single one of our customers feels safe,
before, during and after a visit to any-one of our showrooms.
- All customers / employees will be screened upon entering & exiting all our premises.
- All customer / employees will only be allowed to enter or exist at a designated location/door.
- Our commitment also means that we will do everything possible to keep our employees safe and healthy.
- We will therefore strengthen our existing safety and sanitation protocols in light of the current COVID-19 situation.
In line with the latest scientific and medical advice the following comprehensive actions will be put in place:
- We will significantly increase our cleaning, conducting daily deep cleans of our showrooms and will sanitize our bathroom facilities and tabletops around the showrooms on an hourly basis.
- Our showroom display vehicles will be disinfected after every customer sits in one and our demo vehicles will be disinfected prior to and after each test drive.
- In order to protect our staff, we will install signs deterring physical interactions with others such as hand shaking, socializing during lunch times and distancing themselves in the work environment.
- Employees temperatures will be taken daily in the presence of a supervisor.
3. TAKING DELIVERY OF YOUR VEHICLE FROM OUR DEALERSHIP
Customers can be assured that every security measure will be put in place to ensure the safety of
customers when purchasing a vehicle from of our Dealership.
The vehicle purchased will be parked in a dedicated area with all the necessary documentation,
accessories and keys placed inside. All the essential precautions such as disinfecting the vehicle
and the keys will be carried out.
- The customer will be given the option to sign documentation alone in an identified and disinfected office.
- Customers will be required to use their own pens for the signing of any documentation.
- The wearing of gloves is MANDATORY for any handling of files/documents by the staff.
Documents and keys exchanged between the salesperson and the customer will be placed in a
dedicated tray in order to respect the 2m distance to be kept. The trays and pens will be
disinfected between use by each customer.
4. OUR SERVICE CENTERS
Our health and safety program in the workplace will be in place at our various service centres in
Alberton, ensuring that our customers and employees can be confident that we are committed to their
safety, before, during and after a visit to any one of our service centres.
We will strengthen our existing safety and sanitation protocols in the light of the current
COVID-19 situation and in line with the latest scientific and medical advice we will put the
following comprehensive actions in place in our service centres:
- We will significantly increase our cleaning, conducting daily deep cleans of our service centres
and will also sanitise our bathroom facilities and tabletops around the service centres on an hourly
basis. Aisles in the workshops will be washed and sanitised every two hours.
- Dedicated demarcations to the visitors’ reception, drivers’ reception, workstations and collective
areas i.e. kitchen will be clearly laid out.
- Employees temperatures, in the presence of a supervisor, will be taken daily – on entering &
exiting the service entres.
- Toolboxes, tools and equipment will be cleaned and sanitised every 60 minutes and stored in a
dedicated area. Only one team member will be stationed at each workstation and technicians will
maintain a separation of at least 2m whilst in the workshop.
- Our employees will be requested to come to work in their working attire as access to changing
rooms simultaneously will be limited. For particularly dirty operations, access to the changing
rooms will remain open but be limited to one person accessing the changing room at a time.
- In order to protect our staff, signs will be installed deterring physical interactions with others
such and hand shaking, socialising during lunch times and distancing themselves in the work environment.
Employees will be encouraged to bring their own lunch to work.
- Inbound vehicles will enter and be parked in a dedicated area. Contact with customers will always
be respected by the 2m rule.
- Documents exchanged between employee and the customers will be placed in a tray located away from the
receiving station in order to respect the 2m distance to be kept. The customer will sign the work
request with his own pen or with a sanitised pen provided by the service outlet. The keys and any
documentation will be exchanged in a dedicated tray. All trays and pens will be disinfected between
use by each customer.
- On completion of the work the vehicle will be parked in a dedicated area with all the necessary
documentation and accessories being placed inside. All necessary precautions such as disinfecting
the steering wheel, gear lever, handbrake, seat and floor mats will be carried out.
- The keys will be disinfected and placed with a file in a tray at reception for the customers
- By taking these steps we are doing everything we can to ensure that our facilities remain safe
for everyone and that our customer service can continue as professionally and unaffected as possible.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions regarding the above-mentioned steps.
We wish you and your family good health and safety.
5. TRADE IN’S
- Customers will be guided to a dedicated parking area where the trade-in vehicle is to be parked.
A salesperson will carry out an inspection of the vehicle respecting the 2m distance. If necessary,
he will take photographs of any damage.
- Once the evaluation has taken place the customer will be asked to sign the relevant documents in a
disinfected office. Documents related to the customer’s trade-in will thereafter be placed into a
dedicated, disinfected tray.
6. PREVENTATIVE MEASURES POSTER